Country: The Netherlands
Official language: Dutch, Frisian
National Association (NA): Thuiswinkel.org
Currency: Euro (EUR)
Overview of Dutch e-commerce statistics
Internet penetration: 96%
% of e-shoppers: 85%
Turnover growth: 5.30%
Dutch online population
Dutch population in 2019 was 17 million people, of which 96% use the internet.
Dutch e-commerce sales reached €23.72 billions in 2018.
- Webshops: 2214
- Website: www.thuiswinkel.org/
- Social Media:
Thuiswinkel.org is the Dutch branch association for businesses that sell products and services to consumers (B2C) via the internet, catalogues and/or the post. The association shares e-commerce knowledge and promotes the interests of its members both nationally and internationally. In addition, Thuiswinkel.org has a national online shopping trustmark and devotes itself to the interests of the consumers that purchase from its members.
Become a member!
Becoming a member of Thuiswinkel.org has several advantages:
- Free access to the European and Global B2C Ecommerce Light reports
- Participation in all activities, events and conferences
- Trust because of ‘Thuiswinkel Waarborg’
- ‘Thuiswinkel Waarborg’ reviews
- Free legal advice
- Research and knowledge exchange
- Tips & tools